Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Woes of an Ambitious Reader

I can't seem to pick what to read next! I just finished Breakfast at Tiffany's and Three Other Stories, so I want to keep up the momentum and start something new right away...but I can't seem to decide on anything. I thought I had it narrowed down to two books: The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald and Dead Souls by Nicolai Gogol but I've gone back and forth between the two, reading the first few pages - and can't seem to decide. Plus, all the books on my shelf look so appealing: Swann's Way, Middlesex, Pride and Prejudice, Wuthering Heights, Animal Farm, The Awakening, Crime and Punishment, The Inferno, Siddhartha, Catch-22, Hamlet.... Oh, the woes of an ambitious reader, haha.

I guess the best decision at this point is to sleep on it and decide in the morning, but we'll see! Why does everything have to look so good?!

2 comments:

  1. so many good ones to choose from. What did you finally decide on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Stefanie! I finally decided on "As I Lay Dying" by William Faulkner.

      Delete