Saturday, January 21, 2012

Starting my (Fictional) Travels Early

After finishing up the tedious book that is William Shakespeare's The Sonnets, I decided to get a jump start on some of my plane reading for Florida since I didn't want to start something new and add it to my ever growing book packing list. That means, my current read is Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck. This piece of classic American literature is a semi-autobiographical account of Steinbeck's journey across America before he accepts his old age that was originally published in 1962. My copy was printed in 1963 by the Viking Press.

Pages Read: 28 (10.18%)
Opinion Thus Far: I am extremely enjoying this book so far. I definitely relate to Steinbeck's need to always stay moving, travel and never stay in one spot for very long. It hooked me from the start and I see this book becoming a page-turner and, therefore, a quick read.

No comments:

Post a Comment