Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sucess!

I've officially finished the first book of the year, and of my new found mission to becoming literate.

Breakfast at Tiffany's and Three Other Stories by Truman Capote was a fantastic, albeit quick, read. It was gripping, it was fascinating and I loved every second of it. I love Capote's writing style, his character and plot development (even in short stories) and his sense of novelty in realistic tales. While I adored the title novella, I also loved equally loved the three companion stories. "House of Flowers" shocked me as the story unfolded, "A Diamond Guitar" had me gripped to my seat and "A Christmas Memory" broke my heart.

I don't really understand rating the books, because I don't have enough of a background in literature by which to grade them, but I really did adore these tales. I would recommend them over and over to a friend.

A little information about my copy of Breakfast at Tiffany's and Three Other Stories:

Pages: 178
Original date of publication: 1950
My edition: 1993 (Vintage)
Why I decided to read: I've always loved the title's film, I've heard rave reviews about Capote and his writing style, and it is considered a classic piece of literature - which has been my New Year's goal to read the classics.
How I acquired my copy: Barnes and Noble in my hometown

No comments:

Post a Comment