Saturday, January 21, 2012

One Last Goodbye

I took my final trip to Half Price Books today...or at least, my final trip for the next four months. I managed to pick up three books, which will be coming with me to Orlando....and I couldn't be more excited about them. I've already edited my previous Orlando reading list post and added them in. (:

Here's what I picked up:

Howl on Trial: the Battle for Free Expression edited by Bill Morgan and Nancy J. Peters  ($7.48)
- I've been staring at this book for about two months now, so I decided to splurge and get it! I loved Howl when I first read it over the summer, am extremely excited to reread it in the coming months, and hopefully this book will give me some insight into the surrounding events.
Gold Set Dancing by James Liddy ($6.99) - This collection of poetry combines two of my favorite things - Ireland and my hometown, Milwaukee. I am thrilled! I can't wait to read these poems from a professor at the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. 
Junky: the Definitive Text of "Junk" by William S. Burroughs ($5.98) - I am SO excited to read this. I have heard great things about Burroughs' work and am excited to experience it first hand. Plus, it is considered a "modern classic." 


Total: $21.49 (average $7.16/book)

Some Data:
Number of books total: 3
Number of books UNDER $10 - 3
Number of books UNDER $7 - 2
Number of books UNDER $5 - 0

Books by Male Authors - 2.5
Books by Female Authors - .5

Genre: Poetry - 1
Sub-genre: Contemporary - 1
Genre: Nonfiction - 1
Genre: Novel - 1 
Sub-genre: Modern Classic - 1

No comments:

Post a Comment