Saturday, January 14, 2012

Haul-in' Books.

What a great (albeit rushed) trip to Half Price Books today...I managed to score 9 books for 14 dollars, and I would've done better but I couldn't resist a copy of The Virgin Suicides that was a tad expensive, but brand new!

Here's what I scored today:

The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides - $6.99
Other Voices, Other Rooms by Truman Capote - $1.48
Heart of Darkness and The Secret Sharer by Joseph Conrad - $1.25
Absalom, Absalom! by William Faulkner - $1.00
No Exit and Three Other Plays by Jean-Paul Sartre - $.95
Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka - $.95
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck - $.38
All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque - $.30
Selected Stories and Poems by Edgar Allen Poe - $.25 (A NEW RECORD!!!)


Total: 9 books for $14.24 (Average $1.58/book)

Some Data:
Number of books total: 9
Number of books UNDER $10 - 9
Number of books UNDER $5 - 8
Number of books UNDER $2 - 8
Number of books UNDER $1 - 5
Number of books UNDER $.50 - 3

Books by Male Authors - 9
Books by Female Authors - 0

Genre: Classic Literature - 9
Sub-genre: Poetry - 1
Sub-genre: Drama - 1
Sub-genre: Novel - 7


I am thrilled about my purchases! Got some great deals today, and they're all off my list. (: Fab!

No comments:

Post a Comment