Thursday, February 2, 2012

No More Travels, What Will I Read Next?

Since I finished Travels with Charley early this morning, I was left in a quandary of what I should read next as my commute read. I brought a number of books with me to Orlando, but even with a limited selection, it doesn't make picking a new read any easier! After a little examination, I decided my next read would be Birthday Letters by Ted Hughes. This book is a collection of poetry dedicated and written to/about his wife, Sylvia Plath (love her!), written in the twenty five years after her death. It was originally published in 1998 and my copy comes from Farrar, Straus and Giroux and was printed in 1999. 


Pages Read: 50 (25.25%)
Opinion thus far: I'm really loving this poetry. It took me a little bit to get into the swing of reading poetry after reading a full length piece of prose, but now that I've gotten used to Hughes' rhythm, I really am enjoying it. Since I love Sylvia Plath and her writing, I find it interesting to get a new perspective on her and her life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment