Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fully Traveled with Charley

Today, I finished Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck, which (to be honest) I was a little sad to reach the end of. I loved this book. I loved it far more than I ever expected to, which I think made it even more exciting. This book was incredible, it was inspiring, it was enrapturing and fantastic and words cannot describe how much I enjoyed it. It is hard to explain the plot line, since there really is no major plot lines except that John Steinbeck is cataloging his travels across America in 1960 over the course of one fall/winter. I've never read Steinbeck before, and I loved this book - I think it was the perfect introduction to his writing style. I can't wait to read more from him!

A little information about my copy of Travels with Charley:

Pages: 275
Original date of publication: 1962
My edition: 1972 (Bantam Pathfinder)
Why I decided to read: I read great things about this book, and it sounded interesting. It also was long enough to hold my attention during my travels, but short enough that it wasn't intimidating. 
How I acquired my copy: Half Price Books in my hometown; January 15, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment